POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Out of memory? : Out of memory? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Out of memory?
From: Uplah
Date: 24 Oct 2004 06:35:00
Message: <web.417b843d992fb15717968a7d0@news.povray.org>
Hello all, again

After fixing the last problem of mine, I've now got another. I'm trying to
render a protein molecule at high resolution, but it runs out of memory. I
was wondering if this memory refers to just RAM or does it also include
swap space?

I am using Windows2003 on a PC with 1GB RAM and 3.5GB free for my work
partition (the .pov file) and 11GB for my programs partition (POV-ray
rogram), but I do have other drives with a lot more free space... Is there
a way of assigning more memory to POV-ray?

Apologies if this is a stupid question!

Thanks in advance!

Uplah